Friday, February 2, 2018

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #101


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Dark in Death (In Death Series, Book 46) by J.D. Robb



On the mega screen bloody murder played out the classic back and white for an audience of one hundred and seven.  With the sharp screech of violins, violas, and cellos that number dropped by one. 
My Thoughts:  I am a huge fan of this series and re-read the books at least once a year so as soon as a new one comes out - I am all over it! I like the beginning though at this point you don't know what "classic black and white" movie the audience is watching.  

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56: Also from Dark in Death (In Death Series, Book 46) by J.D. Robb at about the 56% location on my Kindle:

“This one’s about five-six, white. Red hair with blue side dreads.  She’ll have a tat of an orange dragon on the inside of her right wrist.  She’ll try to look about twenty-five but she’s older.” 


My Thoughts:  I have already finished the book so I know who she's describing in this part but I think it's an interesting description.


So, what do you think so far?  Do the teasers tempt you?  Don’t forget to leave your link below and at Freda’s Voice.






About Dark in Death (In Death Series, Book 46) by J.D. Robb

Lieutenant Eve Dallas returns in Dark in Death, by J.D. Robb, the #1 New York Times bestselling master of suspense, and takes on a case of death imitating art…

It was a stab in the dark.

On a chilly February night, during a screening of Psycho in midtown, someone sunk an ice pick into the back of Chanel Rylan’s neck, then disappeared quietly into the crowds of drunks and tourists in Times Square. To Chanel’s best friend, who had just slipped out of the theater for a moment to take a call, it felt as unreal as the ancient black-and-white movie up on the screen. But Chanel’s blood ran red, and her death was anything but fictional.

Then, as Eve Dallas puzzles over a homicide that seems carefully planned and yet oddly personal, she receives a tip from an unexpected source: an author of police thrillers who recognizes the crime—from the pages of her own book. Dallas doesn’t think it’s coincidence, since a recent strangulation of a sex worker resembles a scene from her writing as well. Cops look for patterns of behavior: similar weapons, similar MOs. But this killer seems to find inspiration in someone else’s imagination, and if the theory holds, this may be only the second of a long-running series.


The good news is that Eve and her billionaire husband Roarke have an excuse to curl up in front of the fireplace with their cat, Galahad, reading mystery stories for research. The bad news is that time is running out before the next victim plays an unwitting role in a murderer’s deranged private drama—and only Eve can put a stop to a creative impulse gone horribly, destructively wrong.



Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

9 comments:

  1. Not my usual kind of read, but it look pretty interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book just arrived. I love the series too and will be reading it next. This week I have A Cold Day in Hell by Lissa Marie Redmond. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big Nora Roberts fan but somehow I've never read JD Robb. I'd really like too though. It sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should give JD Robb a try. It isn't a genre I normally read but I enjoy it when I do. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand the BB at all. LOL Not ashamed to admit it confused me. I'd love for you and your readers to check out my BB & 56 for today . . . https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsCF-BASB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read this series. I see great reviews for it everywhere. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read JD Robb, but I love these excerpts! Great description of that character in your 56! Have a great weekend and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an intense mystery - not my usual genre, but I'm intrigued by the quotes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read too many of this series - I should definitely jump back in. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete