Friday, June 2, 2017

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #82


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Crimson Death (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 25) by Laurell K. Hamilton



I'd fallen asleep cuddled between two of the men I loved most, with one arm flung across their naked bodies so I could touch the third.  
My Thoughts:  I'm almost caught up on this series - this is the newest book and Anita is still dealing with her multiple relationship issues.  I feel like there's going to be lots of angst already.....lol

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton – about 56% on Kindle):  

The neighborhood at the top of the hill was very different from the stretch of houses perched by the beach; though some of them on this side of the street probably had a great view of the sea, that wasn't the main selling point.  I think the point was more security, because almost all of the houses up here ha stone walls around them. 


My Thoughts:  I'm actually at this point in the book - about page 391 - and I happen to know that Anita is describing a street in Dublin, Ireland.  So far there has been a lot going on but they are just now getting to Ireland to solve the vampire killings.  


So, what do you think?  Do the teaser’s or book description tempt you? Don’t forget to leave your link below and link up at Freda’s Voice



 About Crimson Death (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 25) by Laurell K. Hamilton

In her twenty-fifth adventure, vampire hunter and necromancer Anita Blake learns that evil is in the eye of the beholder...

Anita has never seen Damian, her vampire servant, in such a state. The rising sun doesn’t usher in the peaceful death that he desperately needs. Instead, he’s being bombarded with violent nightmares and blood sweats.

And now, with Damian at his most vulnerable, Anita needs him the most. The vampire who created him, who subjected him to centuries of torture, might be losing control, allowing rogue vampires to run wild and break one of their kind’s few strict taboos.

Some say love is a great motivator, but hatred gets the job done, too. And when Anita joins forces with her friend Edward to stop the carnage, Damian will be at their side, even if it means traveling back to the land where all his nightmares spring from...a place that couldn’t be less welcoming to a vampire, an assassin, and a necromancer: Ireland.




Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

7 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting - I've always been interested in this series but the sheer number of books has put me off :(
    Cora ❤ http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of the setting....and the multiple relationships might be interesting. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “ONE GOOD THING”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if this one is for me but I hope you enjoy it!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    My Friday Meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so far behind in this series! Maybe one day......

    My Friday 56 from Skin and Bones

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two totally different snippets! What a steamy beginning though! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this author - sounds right up my alley. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete