Friday, December 9, 2016

Book Beginnings & Friday 56 - #62


Book Beginnings on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Every Friday we share the first sentence (or so) of the book we’re currently reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.


My Book Beginning:  

Dark Illumination (The Brenna Strachan Series, Book 2) by Hadena James



Prologue

It had been three months since I had killed Chiron.  I was not handling his death well.
My Thoughts:  I read and reviewed the first book in this series and decided I needed to start on book 2 since I enjoyed the first book and have been feeling a need to read a fantasy/paranormal book.  Looking forward to reading more of this.  

What do you think?  Don't forget to leave your book beginning below and to link-up at Rose City Reader.  





**************


Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda’s Voice on every Friday.

To Play along here are the Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your post below. 
*Don’t forget to add your post URL (not your blog url) at Freda’s Voice.  
*It's that simple.

My 56 (Also from Dark Illumination by Hadena James – about 56% on Kindle):  

“I can transfer injuries I’ve healed unto others”
“Sonnellion could do that,” Levi told me. 
“I’m beginning to feel like maybe Sonnellion and I are closer blood relations than Lucifer and I.”  The moment I said it, I wanted to take it back.


My Thoughts:  I haven’t gotten this far into the book, and I can’t remember if Sonnellion was introduced in book 1 or not.  Hopefully as I get further into the book it will come back to meJ




About Dark Illumination (The Brenna Strachan Series, Book 2) by Hadena James

Brenna Strachan's entire life is ahead of her. And it's a long life, since she has joined the ranks of the immortal.

She's returned to work as well and one of her first cases a rogue Witch, bent on destroying everything in their way, including her.

Now, she must turn to her family and friends for help. But among those closest to her, is someone who has already betrayed the Oath of Protection.

The words of the True Prophet are coming to pass and Brenna must deal with the betrayal and her life.





Don't forget to post your meme's and link up at both host locations.  

Have a great Friday! 
Maria

9 comments:

  1. This seems pretty interesting. I haven't heard of this series, so, thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have nightmares about the cover! I'll stick with my fluffy cozy books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds dark and I like that. Both the opening and the excerpt have me very curious.

    My Friday 56 from Grudging

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is suuuuuuuuper creeptastic, oh my penguins. And that tiny snippet! I...admit I'm officially curious. I'm going to have to look this series up and see what it's all about!

    Thank you so much for sharing! Here's my Friday 56, if you're interested in checking it out--no worries or pressure if you're not, though! Either way, happy book-ing to you in the near future...and happy Friday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not my usual read, but I am now curious. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “WHEN ALL THE GIRLS HAVE GONE”

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds great! Here is my 56 and BB: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/book-beginnings-friday-566221150

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't read much fantasy/paranormal, but I like the opening. It makes me wonder what the character is thinking. I'd keep reading to find out.
    My Friday post features BEYOND THE ASHES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so intrigued by the conundrum in the beginning.... you kill them and miss them all-at-once? WTH?! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sound of those snippets - I may be adding this to my tbr. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete